Friday, February 12, 2010

Do liberal campuses accept conservative voices and allow students to think freely?

I am conducting a research project on conservative students attending liberal universities and am wondering if anyone has an opinion on this issue.Do liberal campuses accept conservative voices and allow students to think freely?
I am a conservative student pursuing a Political Science Degree at a liberal university. I find it certainly makes the classes more interesting. The vast majority of students are liberal minded as well so I get a lot of back lash when I voice my opinion in class, but it had led to some great debates. The teachers have never marked me down for going against their political beliefs in my essays or opinion pieces as long as I provide ample evidence to support my claims. Some argue with me in class and try to shut me down, but in an essay I can back myself up instead of getting caught off guard in class and I have yet to change my opinions just to avoid academic penalty nor will I because the joy of living in a free country is the privilege of choice. Some professors even enjoy a political challenge.





Hope this helps :]Do liberal campuses accept conservative voices and allow students to think freely?
If you are a conservative person, the best place to be is attending a liberal university. Why? It gives the liberals something else to think about and also puts some spice in the thinking of conservatives. Good Bless Free Thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment