Friday, February 12, 2010

Why are people so obsessed with being conservative or liberal?

Can't we all just focus on being American? Shouldn't we all focus on being American? This whole ';liberals are trying to give our country to the enemy,'; rhetoric is just a waste of time. Same with the nuts on the left convinced EVERY conservative wants to turn the US into a dictatorship. All this separationism based on political beliefs is just helping to separate the country Why are we so hung up on political colors in this country? Why not be Americans first?Why are people so obsessed with being conservative or liberal?
Those things aren't just labels. They are belief systems. Heart felt philosophies of right and wrong, moral and immoral, fair and unfair. What works and doesn't work.


Most people who have a strong sense of what they believe are usually willing to fight for it.


Here is the thing I love about America.


Liberals HATE George Bush but they are patriotic enough to not try to overthrow the government.


Conservatives Hated Bill Clinton but they respected the system enough to not try to have him killed.


When Gore won the popular vote but lost the electoral college and with that, the Presidency... most countries would have rioted in the streets. Americans argued.


I think it is great that people disagree at the top of their voices.... yet still allow the ';rule of law'; to dominate our society.


I think Obama and McCain will bring back the respect and dignity you are hoping for.


I was proud of McCain yesterday when he apologized for the conservative talk show host's remarks intended to slight Obama.


Unfortunately.... their followers will continue to be rude and nasty.Why are people so obsessed with being conservative or liberal?
I think everyone's just kind of given up on ';rational'; and 'debate'; and it's about who can sling the most mud now. But I agree with you, I think we need both parties in order to get back on track, becasue both have good ideas, but when we are divided, our leaders can do what they want and not what we want.
well it doesnt seem that way to me. im conservative and everywhere i go, i see the opposite. where are the conservative and smart liberals?
because we have our beliefs and they have the wrong beliefs..lol
Being a moderate myself, I don't understand it at all.
I used to very blind as to the differences in ideology really. But now the ';left'; has really ';pissed'; me off with the way they play the ';game'; and its become my mission in life to take every last one of them down. Im tired of them embracing all these ';splinter'; groups gays, tree huggers, illegals you name it they will embrace you for a vote that is! Then they throw it in your face and try to make ';others'; feel guilty for not ';embracing'; others. Its a form of cowardly political blackmail! I will expose liberal hypocrisy where ever i go!
Liberals keep taking so much money from me that I am beginning to contemplate giving up my business and simply not even trying hard. I've spent 16 years working night and day, and my NET income barely moves. The tax structure in this country and in NY State makes it virtually impossible to get ahead. Liberals don't even know this.





Obama is the worst. He's going to nail me if he wins, and if he does I will actually be better off making less.
libs don't want to be americans, they hate the US, so that is not going to work. We are separated because the left refuses to see and agree with the correct way to run this country.
Fine with me if you let me keep the money I make and not make me give to who YOU think I should give it to.





Sound Fair?
/sarcasm on





Be careful, the Republican and Democrat power machines will be knocking down your door any minute. You're onto them.





/sarcasm off





Exactly. The media and the ridiculous two party system we have want us to remain bickering and squabbling over which head of the two-headed, power-hungry monster we should elect so that we don't band together and elect someone of our choosing rather that choosing among the two hand-picked choices to which they limit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment