Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is there such a thing as a economic conservative and a social liberal? IN one package?

If so what do you call them and where do they stand as of right now?Is there such a thing as a economic conservative and a social liberal? IN one package?
It's called ';moderate';.Is there such a thing as a economic conservative and a social liberal? IN one package?
as mentioned a economic conservative and a social liberal would fit the definition of a libertarian. Unfortunately (in my experience) that movement is dominated by people who want to abolish any and all federal welfare (Social Security, medicare, food stamps ect.) and wish the legalize any and all drugs.





Personally I define myself as a moderate/libertarian democrat.
It's called a ';Bill Clinton';. You may have heard of him. He did the best job on the economy in the past 4 decades, but his success with passing NAFTA and other world trade initiatives central to economic conservatism was drowned out by the baying of Republicans about one personal flaw. They were determined he not get credit for doing what G.H.W. Bush and their god Reagan had failed to do; reduce the national debt and get sustained growth without inflation.
Conservatives are right on the economy and on social policy. We don't need to re-define anything or change anything or mix with liberalism.





Tax less and cut spending, smaller govt=good govt


the best social program is a job.





when you create a monstrosity social program like those that Barack is proposing you create a bigger tax burden, and he says that he will only tax the rich*





The rich are those that create jobs/services/products which the middle class and the poor depend on.





The new tax burden that the wealthy have will be passed on to the consumers....aka an indirect tax hike...





if the new tax burden is absorbed by the company it will either have to cut jobs or raise prices. it is simple economics.
It is time that reasonable people consider abandoning both what has passed for conservatism and the Republican Party. They both mean nothing more than, ';Not Democrat.'; Real control over the power of government does not come from people who are defined by what they are not. Not being a Democrat is not the foundation of governing principles, it is just the foundation of a fan club. Ask Sarah Palin.









';raises hand';





I'm a pro-abortion, anti-religion, pro-free market person who voted for Obama because in my opinion, Obama ran on specifics and John McCain ran on the same old Republican talking points.





Generally speaking, social libs and fiscal cons are usually libertarians, but the political chips are so heavily stacked against third parties that it just isn't worth it to associate with them (politically speaking, anyway). I vote Democrat or Republican, and the last candidate that I was truly excited about was Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. I still follow Dr. Paul, and I follow his group the Campaign for Liberty.





Here's to Jesse Ventura, 2012!
Yes.


I am.





I consider myself a Republican.


To me, economic issues hold more weight than social issues, therefore I vote republican.





I will say I did a LOT of research this election, and my decision was a difficult one.


Ultimately, I stuck with McCain.
That would be me. And I'm standing in my living room.





I don't particularly like Obama's fiscal policies, but I find the religious right and evanglicals like Palin pretty disgusting.





Stay out of my wallet. Stay out of my life.





Edit: Thanks for your answer MJR.
You mean the type that thinks the government should be small and stay out of their checkbooks and lives while at the same time they should offer healthcare, education, and every other service in the world?





Doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.
Yes! Me! I'm one!





Usually that fits you right into the Libertarian Party, but the Libertarian Party has some disturbing tenets that I do not like. Thus, I do not claim to be a libertarian.
Libertarian. We are known for promoting a very small federal government and many us abide by the Non-Aggression Principle (NAP) and inherently built into the NAP, is social liberalism.
Sure-here's a good quiz to tell where you stand





http://www.politicalbrew.com/politest.cg鈥?/a>
That is kind of what Libertarians are.
Libertarians





Republicans pre-1994
Independents.





I'm waiting to see what happens.
Yes, I call her, ms_wheedler.
ms wheedler is hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment