Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If I go to a liberal arts college, what opportunities would I have if I graduate with a BS degree in Economics

Just need some various opinions from various people; a lot of individuals these days have a negative view on going to liberal arts colleges. They keep on muttering that you usually wind up as a teacher. Now I don't find anything wrong with being an educator, I just want to know all the opportunities. For my case, I want to study Economics.If I go to a liberal arts college, what opportunities would I have if I graduate with a BS degree in Economics
If you go to a good liberal arts college with a good economics department and get good grades, then as a candidate for grad schools you'll be even more impressive since you'll be a more well rounded student in the process. (Assuming you do go to grad school.)





I've never heard the argument that liberal arts students tend to produce teachers. But I can understand the gripe with liberal arts schools that many may have since they force students to study other subjects along with their preferred major. This can be frustrating, but there's a bit of a movement to minimize the effects non-major classes have on students' GPAs. This frustration may lead some to make the comment that liberal arts colleges are for ';teachers'; because it doesn't strictly adhere to one's major but it shouldn't be taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment