Friday, February 12, 2010

How can you claim to be a liberal and believe in freedom if you also want to ban the veil?

I have noticed that many so called liberals are wanting to ban muslim women from wearing the veil in the name of freedom..





But how is it possible to stop someone from wearing the clothes they want in the name of freedom?How can you claim to be a liberal and believe in freedom if you also want to ban the veil?
Salam Alykom Sister,





Unfortunatley this is part of hypocritical politics and ignorance. I observe hijab and love it, and would even go to jail for it.





As for those that think a woman only wears it because she is forced to, please come out of the trailer park and educate yourself. I am an American Muslim, I wear my scarf with pride. I had ancestors that fought for my right to practice the religion I choose.





I have had many negative incidents against me because of it, including being spit at, called names, and even a man tried to run me over. My husband has requested for me to stop wearing it because he worries for my safety and that of my daughter, but, I love my religion, and my scarf is part of not only my religion, but who I am. If it is ok for a woman to dress in mini skirts and low cut skirts, then why is it wrong for a woman to dress modestly and to respect herself?How can you claim to be a liberal and believe in freedom if you also want to ban the veil?
that's what liberals do!
Ann Coulter is that you? Or is it Sean INSANnITY? Tom DeLay, are you posting from the golf course in Scotland? Mr. Foley, did you mistake this for an IM with a high school boy? Mr. Bush, since you want to splatter their veil with blood, what does it matter if anyone wanted to ban it or not; or even that this poster would call these conservatives ';liberals';.





Sources, please.





A French lawmaker said he would prefer his Muslim women constituents to not wear the veil if they are teachers, because their students can see their expressions and gauge the mood of the teacher. Another desperation and fearmongering tactic by the jihadist/evangelical Christians to demonize liberals.


Pathetic.
The norms of society are set by those that abide in the individual locations. ie Some beaches in Florida allow nudity. others permit topless women And still others forbid the veil.





In America clothing options are not federally mandated.





As for freedom many American women resist domination by men. They feel many decisions concerning a woman's life should be left to the woman. Education is a good example or being allowed to drive a car or being able to speak in public or the ability to travel at will, all without the permission of a man or Imam.





The Veil is a symbol of oppression to Western women. The same as the Veil is a symbol of the security of from freedom is to Women who prefer to wear them.





On the subject of liberals.





The Census Bureau only accounts for 1,200,000 liberals in America. So they post no threat to you or your desires to further your ideology.





Go big Red Go
I don't want to ban the veil, you broad generalization believing liar. I want to ban the OBLIGATION of wearing the veil. For TRUE freedom to exist, there must be CHOICE involved. If women don't have a choice, not really, then they are not free.
Hey, I never said anything about the veil..if they want to wear it, then let them. It would be nice if they had a choice.
It's part of their Hypocritic oath.
Both parties don't like Muslims or immigrants. Next.
Well, as long as they don't drive with it on...





I've nearly been run off of many a road in the Middle East by a veil-wearing driver who couldn't see when changing lanes. I know, it's a bit off topic, but a fun story to tell.
Look, anyone can wear anything they wish at anytime with some exceptions. but with security due terrorism, do you actually believe that security will let a person inside a courthouse if they are completely veiled except for their eyes? Will schools put up with that same person? To enter a school?
I have wondered the same thing...





Paternalistic liberals think that they can promote freedom by taking away personal beliefs...
Really, name one prominent American Liberal who want's to ban muslim women from wearing the veil in the name of freedom?





Liar, Liar, (your straw man is on fire)
Because we don't think that women who aren't brainwashed or abused would wear it otherwise.





If there weren't roving gangs of Muslim men hurting and even killing women who don't wear the veil would every Muslim woman wear one? I don't think so.
Who said that? Sources, please.
They can not stop anybody from wearing it, and nobody can stop them from attacking it. . . . It is freedom and it goes both ways. . . .





Eid Mubarak. . . .
uh... are you sure they are liberals?





I don't care... wear whatever you want... I guess you should cover up your ';naughty parts'; to stay legal... but beyond that... I don't really care what you wear...
At my university we had two girls come from Iraq on a student exchange program. When they first came here the wore a veil and were covered from head to toe. 3 years later they are always wearing make up, high heels, and clothes just like their peers. They werent being forced to do anything and they choose for themselves what to wear. I dont even see men from muslim countries where clothes that cover everything but their hands or wear beards and a head robe. Funny what happens when your given some freedom. I have been in religion class i know it shows respect to God to be total covered, but Jesus said divorce is bad yet most americans suck at the marriage thing so i think a person would be better individualistic than conform
Those woman are abused .
Its a catch 22...like the name though Baaad doktahr





Funny





To ban a garment that is meant to cover up a woman so she cannot be seen from head to toe other than her husband...





islam means submission..to submit to anothers will. that means servitude..in other words slavery. So the veil enslaves a woman to her husband. In this country we have Christian values and jewish values.





Even if we do not follow those religions we still live our life in full view of others. Middle age mentality has no place in Western society.





Im not sorry if i offended you either. I will not be PC here
you have convinced me beyond a shadow of the doubt that you have been brainwashed to such an extent that you dont even make out its existence in your system.........lets put it across like this ...if your own girl like turkish girls was brought up in germany ....i bet she would have had chucked the viel long time back...only the original migrants wear it... most turkish girls in my class study hard.. work .. help thier families and they dont wear a viel...they are girls of good character...so wearing a viel is something the society %26amp; religion has programmed you to do ... as far as France is concerned they are doing it is because of security %26amp; integration issues.. what they believe is that 'hijab' makes these girls stand out, which further ensures that they remain in thier groups or are alienated at schools... check this out most viel wearing girls often remain in thier own groups they dont mingle in college or schools with other white people... so your viel has actually become a social confirmity issue ... rest is the way you want to interpret my answer... trust me half of the britain is already scared of the 3% muslim population... and it wont take the rest of europe to follow thier footsteps.... I guess if you really have to help then try to understand the effect this viel has on people... I think it is more damaging than protecting than people claim.
does your Dr. know you are out of the padded room
Well I dont know about other liberals but I personally could care less about the veil. Ive read enough about Islam to know its worn by choice, the women arent forced into it, its to be respectful of their bodies or something so good for them. One should be allowed to do as they wish as long as it doesnt inflict harm against another.
I don't understand why this is a problem now. Even with terrorism, the veil isn't used. YES the Taliban uses to oppress, BUT it also imprisons men for now wearing beards...are bearded men showing signs of oppression? Woman have to walk under the Taliban, a walking woman in America is oppressing herself?





Some churches here only allow women to wear dresses (in and out of church) does that mean dresses are a sign of oppression.





I hate piercings, should I require them removed when in my presence? WHAT THE F UC K IS THE PROBLEM PEOPLE??????? If a woman chooses to stay home, cook, clean, *****, raise the kids...the good HER CHOICE!!!! should home making be banned because I think its crazy?????





Poo on you America.
I'm not a liberal but I think that the talibans use veils and other cloaks to abuse their women. Now in muslim countries women still wear and is a sign of difference between men and women that have to hide their hair as if it were a sin. I think that the veil is a sign of oppression and shocked that muslim women feel proud to wear it. I think it's because their mothers and families have told them that its normal and their way of life. If you want to wear the veil you are free to do so but try to understand how we feel.
  • Electric Bicycle
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment