Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What kind of job/career can I get with a degree in Liberal Arts?

I am choosing my major TODAY, and I can't make up my mind. I seem to be interested in all the classes that are required for a liberal arts degree but I want to make my schooling really worth it. Would this be a good choice? I don't want to be a teacher!What kind of job/career can I get with a degree in Liberal Arts?
If you go for Liberal Arts, keep this in mind as you pursue your degree: think about how you will sell a potential employer someday on your knowledge acquired: your understanding of human nature, your awareness of history, sociology and economics as they relate to the global economy, your facility in languages (be sure to specialize in a second one if you don't already have that knowledge in your skills set)....





In other words, think of ';hard'; skills that can be demonstrated with a ';soft'; (in the eyes of some employers) major.





And get a few business classes under your belt too when feasible. With this combination of broad knowledge and demonstrable skills, you'll be unstoppable.





(If your back's really to the wall down the road, tell the interviewer you chose liberal arts because at that time you were thinking pre-law, usually a perfectly acceptable strategy when pursuing a B.A.)





Best wishes to you.What kind of job/career can I get with a degree in Liberal Arts?
Besides teacher, does the saying ';do you want fries with that'; mean anything?
Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment