Friday, February 12, 2010

Why do you think some people are liberal and others conservatives?

Why do you think the way you do?Why do you think some people are liberal and others conservatives?
What we learned growing up,what we learn into life, experiences we have,and peer pressure are all factors in the decisions we make in politics or anything else. We are all products of our own individual environments. That is why it's so hard to get a very large group of people to agree on something.Why do you think some people are liberal and others conservatives?
Some of us have clear cut ideas concerning right and wrong and the initiative to be self-responsible and some of us don't and don't.
Some people want to make a good living and be happy in the knowledge that they have concern for others not so lucky as themselves and that they would like to leave the world a better place for their kids. The others want to make lots of money with no regard for others or the environment as long as they can maintain the wealth of big business, which they think is a sign that the economy is fine and therefore everything is wonderfull.
Some people think there is actually very strong genetic factor that determine whether you are liberal or conservative. It was an article I saw not long ago. Probably so called 'liberal' publication. Some news magazine may be.
This is a quotation that I use over and over again here. In ';The Federal Courts, Politics, and the Rule of Law,'; by John C. Hughes (published 1995), it says:





';In the contemporary political context, those who fear conformity have tended to describe themselves as liberal and have tended to applaud judicial 'protection' of human rights. Those who fear diversity have tended to call themselves conservatives and have been appalled by judicial 'usurpation' of the majority's discretion to form the kind of community it finds most conducive to its own happiness. The former tends to approve of the expansive theories of constitutional interpretation, while the latter tends to prefer the restrained theories of judicial review. These alignments are neither perfect nor inevitable, but the debate has surely been shrill.';
The methods of reasoning between the two mentalities is what determines the ';judgment'; factor regarding the person doing the evaluation. We think the way we do because of adolescent conditioning through touch, verbal/physical communication %26amp; our human environment. Parents, siblings, friends %26amp; acquaintances will have you PRESET by the time you are seven yrs of age. A liberal/conservative mind set is not instilled into a person in later years, it is preset with in a person by the time they are seven yrs of age %26amp; is registered into said person by other human interaction. Individual ideas can change in a person, but their registered pre set mode of evaluation seldom ever changes.
Libs are based in facts....cons just have a gut feeling !
Because I'm a people person and I despise injustice. People are more important then the 'bottom line';, the almighty buck.
Their own experiences shape this. Essentially I think you are asking how we come up with our own beliefs and everyone is different. How we were raised comes into it but also how we experience difficulties and what we find to be important.
Coz right wing crazies think they were born to rule the sandpit and the left wing loonies reckon there should be a democratic vote on who rules the sandpit and theyll still be squabbling over it a hunnert years from now unless the right wing crazies blow the friggin planet up before then. The worst part of it is that its mostly the lefties that end up getting buried in the sandpit!!!!
Where you come from and the way you were raised.
Actually, this is a good question that raises the whole debate about nature v nurture.


I'm a liberal. I'm 52 yrs old. I have always been a liberal bcz I strongly believe in principles such as equality etc.


My Mum is a liberal...my Dad was less so.....but I admired my Dad more than my Mum. Maybe just bcz he was nicer to me when I was a kid.


At my age, I find some proposals of legislation, for example, chokingly fascist. I'm not sure why....I just think it's wrong.


So I suppose I can't really answer your question, friend. Sorry. Apart from to say that life experiences and a good heart make you more open to things.
There are several factors in determining this. Among them are upbringing, life experience, social and economic positions. These days we tend to think in absolutes, but the reality is that few people are totally conservative, or totally liberal, no matter how we choose to describe ourselves. As for why I think the way I do, the answer is because it makes sense to me from my personal point of view.
The rainbow utilizes all its colors to create beauty. If we all did the same in America, it would be equally impressive.
I for one, am a conservative. I served my country, have a heterosexual marriage, didnt abort my kids, worked for everything i have, do not want or need a handout, section 8 house or government medical care. I do not think i need to redistribute my wealth to the lazy. I believe in God, Family %26amp; Country, in that order. I guess it was a sense of right %26amp; wrong. By the way, My parents were both Democrat, but hardly liberal.

No comments:

Post a Comment